US Dollar Weaker


The U.S. dollar firmed yesterday after Fed Chair Powell’s hawkish comments, although it is lower today.

Gross domestic product in the U.K. in the third quarter was unchanged from the second quarter compared with a forecast for a 0.1% decline.

twenty dollar bill


Stock index futures came under pressure yesterday when Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell, speaking  at a panel discussion on monetary policy for the International Monetary Fund, said the central bank is “not confident” that it has done enough to bring down inflation.

Stock index futures are higher today due to an apparent easing of Middle East tensions.

The 9:00 central time November consumer sentiment index is expected to be 63.5.


The 30-year Treasury bond futures declined yesterday due to the results of the Treasury’s 30-year bond auction with the sale’s bid-to-cover ratio, which is a measure of demand, falling to the lowest level in almost two years, while the number of bidders was the smallest since 2021.

Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Lorie Logan this morning said the U.S. central bank should consider ways to strengthen its liquidity infrastructure which, while robust, still cannot eliminate risks completely.

Raphael Bostic of  the Federal Reserve will speak at 8:00.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is a 91% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will keep its fed funds rate unchanged at its December 13 policy meeting, and there is a 9% probability of a 25 basis point increase.


Interested in more futures markets?  Explore our Market Dashboards here.

Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.

ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.                  

A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.

© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore the latest edition of The Ghost in the Machine

Explore Now