FOMC Minutes Tomorrow


Stock index futures declined as traders readjust their interest rate outlook and prepare for the Federal Open Market Committee minutes release tomorrow.

The 9:00 central time January leading indicators report is expected to show a 0.3% decline.

Despite lower prices today the fundamentals and technicals remain supportive to stock index futures.

Granite Columns


The U.S. dollar index is lower.

However, interest rate differentials remain supportive to the greenback longer term.

The euro currency strengthened on news that new car sales in the European Union increased 12.1% year-on-year in January.

Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said inflation does not need to decline to its 2.0% target before policymakers back an interest rate reduction and signaled investors are correct in expecting a policy pivot this year.

Andrew Bailey told Parliament’s Treasury Committee that market expectations on interest rate reductions this year are “not unreasonable.”


March Treasury bond futures fell to their lowest level since December 4, 2023.

There are no Federal Reserve speakers scheduled for today.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is an 8.0% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will lower its fed funds rate by 25 basis points at the March 20 meeting, and there is a 92% chance that the Fed will keep rates unchanged.

The fundamentals and technicals remain bearish on balance for futures.


Interested in more futures markets?  Explore our Market Dashboards here.

Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.

ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.                  

A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.

© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore the latest edition of The Ghost in the Machine

Explore Now