Corporate Earnings Reports This Week


Market participants are awaiting Wednesday’s release of the minutes of the Federal Reserve’s September 21 policy meeting.

business men w cell

The September producer price index report will be released on Wednesday, and on Thursday the September consumer price index will be released.

Also, third quarter earnings season kicks off this week.

Federal Reserve speakers have offered no clues as to when the central bank will  become less hawkish.

Futures are performing well on limited news today.


The U.S. dollar index is higher due to ongoing hawkish Federal Reserve comments.

However, it appears that there may not be much left on the upside on the belief that the Federal Reserve later this year may tone down its hawkish rhetoric.

The euro currency continued to depreciate, moving toward a 20-year low of $0.95 hit on September 28. The euro remains under pressure due to fears of recession in the euro zone, making it more difficult for the European Central Bank to tighten monetary policy.

Markets expect the ECB to hike rates by large increments at the October and December meetings, but the pace of the rate hike cycle next year could slow.

Investor morale in the euro zone fell for the third consecutive month in October to its lowest level since May 2020.

The British pound continued to weaken to near $1.1, pressured by a stronger U.S. dollar, while the Bank of England announced it would increase its long-dated, temporary gilt market purchase program from a daily maximum limit of £5 billion to £10 billion for the rest of the week.


Futures are mixed.

Charles Evans of the Federal Reserve will speak at 8:00.

Hawkish remarks from Federal Reserve policymakers dashed hopes for any dovish pivot from the U.S. central bank.

According to financial futures markets, there is an 80.0% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will increase its fed funds rate by 75 basis points at the November 2 policy meeting and a 20.0% probability that the rate will be hiked by 50 basis points.

Risk Warning: Investments in Equities, Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in any instrument, Futures, Options, Derivatives and Foreign Exchange can fluctuate in value. Investors should therefore be aware that they may not realise the initial amount invested and may incur additional liabilities. These investments may be subject to above average financial risk of loss. Investors should consider their financial circumstances, investment experience and if it is appropriate to invest. If necessary, seek independent financial advice.

ADM Investor Services International Limited, registered in England No. 2547805, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority [FRN 148474] and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Registered office: 3rd Floor, The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London EC3R 7AG.                  

A subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company.

© 2021 ADM Investor Services International Limited.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore the latest edition of The Ghost in the Machine

Explore Now